Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:47:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        chen6178@hotmail.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why FreeBSD is better than WinNT? please give me ten reasons.

> Hi,
>
> I'm currenlty using FreeBSD. My advisor prefers WinNT,
> I telled him to try FreeBSD, but he asked me:
> "Why FreeBSD is better than WinNT? give me ten reasons
> and I will try it?" I don't know how to answer,
> would anyone tell me, thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Albert

 Perhaps your answer (a little facetious) should be
  "Give me 10 good reasons to keep you as an advisor"

 A long time ago; whenever any of my college advisors forced me
to use a particular hardware/software solution; I asked for
some very good reasons... and then usually talked them out of it.

 Now, you're advisor may have really good reasons for using
Windows (like, making checking assignments easier, particular
software he wants to use, etc...)  but, if those don't apply;
then you should be free to use whatever you want... as long as
your work gets done on time.

 Just my opinion -

	- Dave Rivers -