Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 1996 09:20:08 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        DARREND@novell.com (Darren Davis)
Cc:        john@ulantris.infinop.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail overload. - Reply

[ Removed -stable from the list ]
> that mirror the maillists.  I do the same thing, deleting messages by subject.
>  Unfortunately, I still have to do them one at a time.  I just can't say
> delete all the messages with a given subject.  I guess this is not viewed
> as an email like thing, but more like a news thing.   This still takes
> up alot of time.

For those of you who aren't allergic to Emacs, 'VM' mode is actually
quite nice.  A friend of mine (Hi Jaye!) recommended it to me a long
time ago while I was using a non-supported MUA, and finally I switched
over.  It supports threading and all sorts of neat features which would
allow you to 'kill' entire threads based on their subjects.  I use it
inside XEmacs on both my FreeBSD box and my Sparc at work.

Check it out!

Nate