Date:      Sat, 22 Oct 2011 02:15:17 +1100
From:      richo <richo@psych0tik.net>
To:        freebsd-ppc <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ppc64 media player

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

I'm hoping to coax my imac into playing media files and DVDs fullscreen und=
er
X11

I've tried building vlc and mplayer, vlc bails during compilation and mplay=
er
bails at configure time claiming the UNKNOWN architecture is unsupported.

Is there a media player that is known to work on ppc64 (With Nathan's help I
got ffmpeg to build and have verified that it works so I believe the
necessary backends should all be in place now) or should I start on trying =
work out how to get mplayer working?

cheers

rich

--=20