Date:      Wed, 02 Feb 2000 19:58:05 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        support@invictanet.co.uk
Cc:        "Freebsd-ISP" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: ppp

> I am testing ppp dial out with a view to offering pre-configured machines to our customers.
>
> On occasions, immediately on a successful connection, this message appears:
>
> rtinit: wrong ifa (0x1311280) was (0xc1326e00)
>
> The numbers change but the message stays the same. Any ideas?

This has been fixed in -current but I didn't backport it to -stable.
The error is harmless and should be ignored.

It's *trying* to say that you're assigning an address that's already
in use to an interface, not realising that that's actually ok as long
as they're both not broadcast capable interfaces.

Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>
Don't _EVER_ lose your sense of humour !          <brian@FreeBSD.org.uk>