Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 08:37:20 -0600
From:      Mark Thiessen <samoy@the-shell.com>
To:        "Siegbert Baude" <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>, "Caleb Walker" <cwalker@cwalk.org>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: redirecting mail from root to another user...

--=====================_349506936==_.ALT

Yes, this is valid in freebsd.  Create a file in your /root directory=20
called .forward.
In this file, insert any email addresses you wish to have the mail=20
forwarded too.
Done

At 04:32 PM 23/01/01 +0100, Siegbert Baude wrote:
>Hi Caleb,
>
> > I am wondering what the best way to redirect all mail that gets sent to
>root to
> > get sent to my other user which is cwalker.  I am not sure but, setting=
 up
> > an alias in the alias file doesnt seem like a good idea.  If it is let=
 me
>know.
>
>I think you can also create a file named ".forward" in your root=B4s home
>directory, which has the mail address, you want all mails to be forwarded
>to, as the only line in it. A long time I used this, so I=B4m not=
 completely
>sure, if it was on a FreeBSD system. At least it was on a Unix of some
>flavor, hope it still works :-)
>
>Ciao
>Siegbert

irc.othernet.org - for all your financial needs.
irc.worldirc.org - for friendly all around chat.

Mark Thiessen
--=====================_349506936==_.ALT

Yes, this is valid in freebsd.&nbsp; Create a file in your /root
directory called .forward.<br>
In this file, insert any email addresses you wish to have the mail
forwarded too.<br>
Done<br>
At 04:32 PM 23/01/01 +0100, Siegbert Baude wrote:<br>
&gt; I am wondering what the best way to redirect all mail that gets sent
to<br>
root to<br>
&gt; get sent to my other user which is cwalker.&nbsp; I am not sure but,
setting up<br>
&gt; an alias in the alias file doesnt seem like a good idea.&nbsp; If it
is let me<br>
know.<br>
I think you can also create a file named &quot;.forward&quot; in your
root=B4s home<br>
directory, which has the mail address, you want all mails to be
forwarded<br>
to, as the only line in it. A long time I used this, so I=B4m not
completely<br>
sure, if it was on a FreeBSD system. At least it was on a Unix of
some<br>
flavor, hope it still works :-)<br>
Ciao<br>
Siegbert<br>
with &quot;unsubscribe freebsd-questions&quot; in the body of the
message</blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
financial needs.<br>
irc.worldirc.org - for friendly all around chat.<br>