Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:23:49 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Eric Wayte <ewayte@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu>
Cc:        Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>, Lee Cremeans <lcremeans@erols.com>, dg@root.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Jordan the Confused (Was: Jordan The Evil!)

Sorry the PERCEPTION is that we either don't exist or we are dying by virtue of
Linux growing acceptance.

The FreeBSD group or culture with respect to marketing has stayed the same
since its inceptions any attempt to change for better or worse is bound to fail
due to its mature resilient nature.

We could take this argument to the linux usenet advocacy list or an nt advocacy
list given that probably very few outside of FreeBSD ever read this mailing
list.

At any rate, I admire Brett for its stamina we just got to find a common ground
to have him maket  FreeBSD.  HINT: He *IS* smart and can be a very
powerful resource;however, I bet that is easier to bury and scare him
away .

My closing remark:

Not too long ago I attended a dinner with some of my friends . They ask me what
I thought of Linux so I explained my fundamental issue with Linux : The GPL.
Their response: Oh my God!

They simply didn't know about GPL . What is sad is that their company, SGI
is endorsing Linux.

	Amancio

> FreeBSD is in good company - how many other long lasting computing
> projects have had their death greatly exaggerated?
>
> Unix, COBOL, mainframes, client/server, the PC, etc., etc.  :-)
>

> Eric Wayte, DBA
> Univ. of Central Florida
> ewayte@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
>

> On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Jon Hamilton wrote:
>

> > Yeah, yeah.  ``Death of FreeBSD, film at 11'' and all that.
> >
> > --
> >    Jon Hamilton
> >    hamilton@pobox.com

 Amancio Hasty