Date:      Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:58:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Kamal R. Prasad" <kamalpr@yahoo.com>
To:        Allan Fields <bsd@afields.ca>, Mike Adewole <mike@voicenette.com>
Cc:        freebsd-libh@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Project BSDVISION Wants To Develop Native *BSD Console Desktop

> And here I thought you were talking about a desktop
> for us vt220 fans.
> There is already screen or emacs on that front.

A GUI has more than what emacs provides.

> What about twin
> for example?

close to what they are doing.

> What exactly is meant by a "console" desktop anyway
> other than
> something similar to early Windows that runs w/o
> X11?

It presumes the resources are present on the same
machine rather than across the network as envisaged by
the athena project.

> Can you also make a Unicode console for *BSD please?
> ;)
If they get to developing their own fonts -they might.

regards
-kamal

Kamal R. Prasad
UNIX systems consultant
http://www.kamalprasad.com/
kamalp@acm.org

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.