Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:31:41 -0400
From:      "Aryeh Friedman" <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Subject:   Re: using sys/fusefs-ntfs as the home dir

> The solution would be very simple, but because you're insisting
> on having the "D:" partition formatted as NTFS, a problem occurs:
> As far as I know, FreeBSD's NTFS support is okay for reading, but
> not for writing. (I'm not 100% sure because I don't have any
> "Windows" stuff around to check.)

Actual sysutils/fusefs-ntfs (or ntfsprogs with less stable support)
allows you to read and write.... I am the "unofficial" (I am not sure
if Ale has put my name on the maintainer line of the make file with
his or not) fusefs-ntfs.... the only issue it has on the fb side is in
some cases (happens to me but Ale can't seem to reproduce so we are at
a lost of how to fix it) is any attempt to mount it from anywhere in
/etc/rc or with non-delayed option in fstab will fail (non-fatally and
repeating the attempt after your in "full" multiuser mode works just
fine)... I was asking about how to structure the dir's and from what
you described I don't think it solves the problem completely because
the "Desktop" dir/folder has two completely different means under both
OS's and besides many symlinks (most not documented anywhere) are
likelly needed.... so the purpose of the question was attempting to
automate this and/or minimize the number of symlinks (because to
windows the will not translate to shortcuts if I understand the guts