Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 1998 23:30:11 +0000
From:      "Joao Pedras" <Joao.Pedras>
To:        Neil Webster <slash@slash.org>, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3c509 update

Dear Neil,

I don't know if this will help you but I spent some time with one of
those cards some time ago and after some wasted time, I came to the
conclusion that the card worked using the default configuration that
appears when you use the '-c' / 'visual' option on the boot process.
The card was using other irq/io configuration before FreeBSD was
installed on that machine (it had other OS). After bsd was installed
only that configuration worked (don't ask my why). It was something
like irq 10 though I can't remember the I/O. It wasn't nice because I
hadn't the disk that comes along with card. Hope this helps.