Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2014 09:13:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Don Lewis <truckman@FreeBSD.org>
To:        george+freebsd@m5p.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice 4 on 10-STABLE

On 28 Aug, George Mitchell wrote:
> Is anyone able to get an editors/openoffice-5 compile to complete?  Of
> late, something name unopkg.bin keeps getting a seg fault during the
> build process (but doesn't leave a core file).  If I run it with no
> arguments under the base system gdb (after setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-4/work/aoo-4.1.0/main/solver/410/unxfbsdx.pro/lib)
> it crashes in getCascadeMapping in main/cppu/source/uno/cascade_mapping.cxx
> but according to gdb from ports, it crashes in
> _GLOBAL__sub_I_cascade_mapping.cxx(void).

Sounds like you are trying to build the r364119 version of the port.  I
tracked down the build problem in that version to both  libc++ and
libstdc++ getting linked in to the executables.  Revision r366163 fixes
the problem, but you should probably upgrade to r366281, which is
OpenOffice 4.1.1.  According to the release announcement, it has some
critical bug fixes, including some security fixes.