Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:41:53 -0700
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
To:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIS issues with -current on sparc64

I feel like sending one of those exchange-style messages, "Bill Fenner
would like to recall the message entitled 'NIS issues with -current
on sparc64'".  It was a seriously PEBKAC issue - I had apparently modified
my kernel config to include IPFIREWALL but never built (or at least
never installed) that kernel, so when I upgraded I ended up with a
system with a firewall that defaulted to deny.  NIS works fine after
setting up the firewall correctly.

  Bill