Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 22:39:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        dave@gregory.dyn.ml.org (Dave)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problemsgetting data from www.freebsd.org

Dave I wrote:

> P.S. Sprint seems pretty good overall, but they started filtering port 25
> connections big time. With the exception of sprint's SMTP server, I can
> make no port 25 connections at all.

This in itself is sufficient cause, IMHO, to look elsewhere.

"First they took smtp, so I used their relay
				[how come I can't send mail to Cuba anymore?]
 then they took http, so I used their proxy
				[hey guys, what's with all these new cookies?]
 then they took name, so I used their nameserver
				[hmmm, why can't I reach the root servers?]
 then they took nntp, so I only read their news
				[Hey, what happened to my.favorite.* ?]
 then they took telnet, so I was all alone
				[Jim? I can't ssh to the home office. Is it up?]
 soon it made no difference, so I ran NT... "
				[Hey guys, ... guys? guys? anybody? ]

Sprint claims this is an anitspam measure. In the long run, IMHO, it is
an attempt to /own/ you. Once owned, you will be /sold/ for your
demographic value.

Are you sure you need a nation-wide ISP?  Ma & Pa's are the real way
to go IMHO. If you travel, consider usa.net or ?? for a mail drop.

Ma & Pa are you friend. Big Brother is not.

Dave II