Date:      Sat, 2 Aug 1997 14:42:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        Doug Jolley <doug@bigwheel.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: POP3/SMTP Mail Server

Install qpop from the ports collection and add a line (or uncomment)
like to /etc/inetd.conf like:

pop3	stream	tcp	nowait	root	/usr/local/libexec/popper	popper

Restart inetd and you have a pop server. As far as SMTP, I'm not sure
I know how to prevent any BSD from using SMTP. It would be helpful to
spend some time with /usr/share/doc/handbook/handbook.html. `Essential
System Administration' by AEleen Frisch (O'Reilly) would also be helpful.

-- Jay