Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 2008 23:35:38 -0700
From:      "Garrett Cooper" <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bin/117315: [smbfs] mount_smbfs(8) and related options can't mount administration mounts (c$, d$, etc) on Windows PCs

------=_Part_22116_17204962.1213079738367

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd@gmail.com> wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR bin/117315; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: "Garrett Cooper" <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
> To: bug-followup@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: bin/117315: [smbfs] mount_smbfs(8) and related options can't mount administration mounts (c$, d$, etc) on Windows PCs
> Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 20:24:37 -0700
>
>  On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 6:40 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > The following reply was made to PR bin/117315; it has been noted by GNATS.
>  >
>  > From: "Garrett Cooper" <yanegomi@gmail.com>
>  > To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, gcooper@FreeBSD.org
>  > Cc:
>  > Subject: Re: bin/117315: [smbfs] mount_smbfs(8) and related options can't mount administration mounts (c$, d$, etc) on Windows PCs
>  > Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 18:39:12 -0700
>  >
>  >  I can't seem to reproduce this issue anymore, pending the fact that my
>  >  kernel now hardlocks after I execute the command.
>  >  Will submit a PR for that little issue ... pending feedback from some other
>  >  folks on current@.
>  >  -Garrett
>
>  Don't kill this PR yet. The issue still occurs, but only when I use
>  administrative mounts. The fact that it now hardlocks on me is quite
>  annoying >:(...
>
>  I'm going to attempt to reproduce this issue from my 7.0 RELEASE VM.
>
>  -Garrett

I recompiled the kernel and now I'm getting a panic as shown in the
attached textdump. I don't believe it's a real panic as a vmcore file
isn't produced... then again I'm a bit new at the kernel debugging
game and if someone would provide me the necessary steps to get one so
I could link it into kgdb (which I _do_ understand how to use) it
would be much appreciated.

I bet that someone else could reproduce this issue with a fresh
version of -CURRENT.

Again, I'll reproduce this little issue with 8-CURRENT on my VM (I
just got as far as possible as I knew under the circumstances with my
desktop), instead of trying with 7-RELEASE as major changes were done
with locking in 8-CURRENT recently and dtrace was synced back to
8-CURRENT recently as well.

-Garrett

------=_Part_22116_17204962.1213079738367--