Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 14:26:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Tony Ardolino <tony@netcon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Tony Ardolino wrote:

>Hello All,
>I just got a request to build a dual pentium FreeBSD box. Does FreeBSD
>support multiple CPU's? If so whats special about it??
>Tony

Yes it does. You must use 3.0-RELEASE.

What is so special about it is that the OS loses very little when scaling.
You will observe about 90 percent of the performance of that the paired
CPUs can produce. This means a dual CPU machine will perform 1.9 times
better than a single CPU machine. This is vastly better than NT.

There may have been performance improvements since the last time I looked
at this.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/