Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 22:36:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@worldnet.fr>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which LAN PCCARD for FreeBSD (no PAO!)

On 25 Mar, Philippe CASIDY wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I need urgently a working ethernet PCCARD while waiting for someone or
> I make the 3COM 3CCFEM556BI works!
>
> I would like to know which card works under FreeBSD 3.1R and FreeBSD
> 2.2.8R WITHOUT PAO!
>
> Thanks!

Thanks for people who gave me an answer!

I did not want to start a war with this mail. I mentioned that I did
not want a 'PAO' answer for two reasons :
- I did not want an answer being : "check PAO web page blabla"
- I did not want to have to fall back from 3.1R to 2.2.8R when I upgrade
  to it.

As far as I am concern, 2.2.8R works pretty well with laptop :
- APM suspend to disk works very well (except that I cannot set the
timeout to suspend mode)
- the PCCARD I use works well with it.
So, this is not a technical issue but an 'availabality' (is it
spelled correctly?) issue.

At the beginning, I was quite worried about the emails going from one
side to the other trying to show who made the biggest bugs!
But now things seems to become clearer, I have just one thing to say :

 HEY GUYS! WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS GREAT!

 Keep up the good work and do it right!

Phil.