Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:17:49 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: For FreeBSD 4.x users..

--=-3N5tcNrzM4Y4L3262LJK

On Sun, 2007-04-22 at 15:01 -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> Hello FreeBSD 4.x users,
>=20
> Recently, ahze has shown me a blog[1] that someone is getting GNOME 2.x =20
> works on FreeBSD 4.x. I thought why not to post in here too. If one of yo=
u =20
> are insteresting to get it works better on FreeBSD 4.x too, you can try t=
o =20
> ask him (person that who wrote this blog[1]) if you can work with him to =
=20
> make a better guide.
>=20
> [1] =20
> http://bluesmoon.blogspot.com/2007/04/upgrading-gnome-on-freebsd-4x.html
>=20
> NOTE: We will not put any of FreeBSD 4.x fix in ports tree, so this guide=
 =20
> is the only left that you have.

Following these steps will have interesting effects on the plist, so
don't expect good packages, or clean uninstallations.  Additionally,
don't expect full GNOME functionality.  HAL is so ingrained in GNOME
now, there will be some things that just don't work without it.

Joe=20

--=20

--=-3N5tcNrzM4Y4L3262LJK

--=-3N5tcNrzM4Y4L3262LJK--