Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:25:13 +0200
From:      "freebsd" <freebsd@gorlani.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Unable to install on CompaQ D310

Hi all
 I tied to install 6.1 on a CompaQ D310. At the beginning I only got a BTX
Halt. Then after googling around I found a similar problem on the D510 and
disabled DMA in the BIOS. Now the system boots (the same with the floppy
set), but when it comes to partitioning I got "No disk drives found!".
The ATA controller is found in the dmesg log and the CD is obviously
working.
The machine is a 2.4 P4 with 768Mb and 60Gb ata disk.
Any ideas?