Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 1999 22:36:22 -0500
From:      Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
To:        "David B. Aas" <dave@ciminot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where are the PPP config files?

In message <004801bee795$f8ffa740$0fc8a8c0@dave.ciminot.com>, "David B. Aas" wr
ote:
} I installed FBSD 3.2 with an FTP install. I did a user (non-X) install.
}
} Now I want to set up PPP, so I go to my trusty "The Complete FreeBSD" book,
} and Greg says that the sample config files are under /etc/ppp. Except that I
} only have 2 files in the directory. Where are the rest?
}
} I looked in the Ports Collection index, to look for "User PPP", and didn't
} see anything to install.
}
} I also checked the MAN page. Nothing there.

Oh please.  The man page is more than 2700 lines of almost nothing _but_
describing options and their usage.

} Where else can I look to install these files?

Which files?  ppp.conf is really all you should need.

} Thanks for your help.

You'll get more useful assistance if you describe what you are trying to
do, what you did, and what the results were, and what surprised you about
the results.  The question you asked is so vague it's hard to even know
where to start.

http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/ppp.html will likely be of considerable
help as well; if you are still having problems after reading through that
and the man page, come back and ask some specific questions.

--
   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton@pobox.com