Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 15:38:54 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jay Oliver <kythorn@scorched.com>
Cc:        ache@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   print/ghostscript5 broken by libpng upgade (was Re: Gnomeprint port broken)

On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 03:57:14PM -0400, Jay Oliver wrote:
> Can't get this port to build.  I've included a full script log.
>
> [snip]
>
> make: don't know how to make libpng/png.h. Stop
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/print/ghostscript5.
>
> [snip]

As you can see from the build log, the problem is with the
print/ghostscript5 port, in particular, the upgrade of libpng
to 1.0.6 seems to have broken it.

See:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1258273+0+archive/2000/freebsd-ports/20000430.freebsd-ports

for someone else who has similar problems.  Since the MAINTAINER of
print/ghostscript5 is 'ports@FreeBSD.org' (ie: no-one in particular)
a fix may not be immediately forthcoming.

However, you should probably contact ache@FreeBSD.org (cc'd on
this message), and have him either back out the port to libpng-1.0.5,
or fix print/ghostscript5.

I'm sorry I cannot be of more assistence.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.