Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 1997 03:05:17 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "John Messenger" <anasazi@cyberport.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: APATIFLP.BAT

> In your doucumaentaion  for freebsd realease 2.1.5 you clearly state that
> you cannot use a standard boot disk if you have an IDE CD-ROM.  and you

This was a documentation mistake which was fixed in subsequent
releases.  atapiflp.bat is dead, and the ATAPI support was merged into
the single boot.flp image.  You just follow the usual instructions and
don't make any special case for ATAPI CDROMs.

> site.  As you might have guessed by now I am having difficultly installing
> the OS, I have tried copying everyhing over to my other harddrive and
> installing from there, I have tried copying the files to the Drive where
> the OS will later be installed and installing from there, I have booted
> from the boot disk,(that I can't Use) I have booted from dos.  all I get is

Hmmm.  It does sounds like you'd also benefit from the new DOS hand-holding
stuff in 2.1.7.  Can I talk you into a free upgrade? :-)

					Jordan