Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:24:11 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.2-BETA hangs on boot

In message <XFMail.001117160740.jhb@FreeBSD.org> John Baldwin writes:
: Uh..  No.  *sigh* The code checks to see if the specified irq passed
: in is 0 (since 0 can never be a valid irq, it is used as a magic
: cookie) and the device goes into polling mode if it is.  So both no
: irq and an irq of 0 provide polling mode.  Does that make sense?

irq 0 is polling mode.  We rely on the fact that resources that
haven't been set default to 0.  We do a get on the irq resource and if
it is 0, we do polling because 0 is an invalid irq.  We also go into
polling mode if we have an invalid IRQ.

The release notes might not say this (I haven't checked), but that's
how the code works.  Actually, there may be a few problems with the
code, which I'll take a look at them.

Warner