Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:02:22 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Howard Smock" <hsmock@hit.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New machines and Raid compatabilty

> I am looking to purchase 3 systems to run  FreeBSD in a raid 5
> configuration. I read the hardware compatibility list and do not find the
> AMD 1500 Raid controllers listed.

Quoting from the HARDWARE.TXT file:

AMI MegaRAID Express and Enterprise family RAID controllers:
    MegaRAID 418
    MegaRAID Enterprise 1200 (428)
    MegaRAID Enterprise 1300
    MegaRAID Enterprise 1400
    MegaRAID Enterprise 1500
    MegaRAID Elite 1500
    MegaRAID Express 200
    MegaRAID Express 300
    Dell PERC
    Dell PERC 2/SC
    Dell PERC 2/DC
Some HP NetRAID controllers are OEM versions of AMI designs, and
these are also supported.