Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:02:20 -0700
From:      "Alan Tegel" <alan.tegel@openwave.com>
To:        "Alfred Perlstein" <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Alan Tegel" <alan.tegel@openwave.com>
Subject:   RE: Question about Posix Threads

Any tuning tips for FreeBSD would be great.  Our initial connections
per sec we are aiming for is 6,000/secs.  We will be pushing it much harder.
We have three different load balancers available Big/IP, Alteon,
and Web Director, that we may use to "pile"'m up behind the farm...

We were running Redhat 6.2, Linux Kernel 2.2.14

The question about Posix threads came from an engineer...

The threaded application we are running is one of our companies
in-house applications.  The messaging product we sell, is very
scalable....  The designed scalability and performance into the
product from the beginning....

Again any tuning tips would be awesome.  What irritates me whenever I
read the reviews from Linux they always "tweak" their kernel and
subsystems while the leave you out-of-the-box.....  All I can
do is scream "Apple to Apples people" ....

Thanks again guys for any and all info.

+-ADT