Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:09:22 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd001@pc.jgr.de
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portaudit database truncated?

On 2007.12.18 12:11:20 +0100, freebsd001@pc.jgr.de wrote:

> Dear Madam, dear Sir,
>
> the portaudit database is very small:
>
> >portaudit -F
> auditfile.tbz                     100% of 5688  B 9737  Bps
> New database installed.

Bleh, it was broken by a bad entry in the VuXML document.  I have
fixed it so the portaudit db should be working again shortly (after
next build).

Thanks for the report!

> By the way: How do I post to a mailing list without being
> later spammed by the bad guys who harvest e-mail addresses
> from the mailing list archives?

Personally I recomend spam filters instead of trying to hide email
addresses.

For specific problems like this, the workaround is to contact the
FreeBSD Security Team directly as those emails won't be published.

[Further dicussion on anti-spam filters to some other list than
freebsd-security].

--
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Security Team