Date:      Sun, 8 Sep 2002 17:36:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> On 2002-09-08 16:56, "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com> wrote:
> > By the way, only Christianity can account for what you note above,
> > that no religion give us a comprehensive understanding of God.  The
> > Christian doctrine of God's incomprehensibility takes this into
> > account.
>
> It doesn't make more sense because of that though.

What do you mean, it doesn't "make more sense"?  Do you even have an
epistemological theory by which you could "make sense" of anything?
Only Christianity provides the foundations by which *anything* makes
sense at all, since you need objective standards.

> "You have to believe that what I'm telling you is the ultimate truth,
> although you're not expected to understand it.  But it is the truth,
> because I am saying so.  Nevermind that your mind, your entire being
> says `not quite'.  You can't grasp it all in its entirety.  But I'm
> telling you, mine is the only Truth out there."

Of course, you are putting words into my mouth.  I never said you couldn't
understand it, in fact I said you understand it very well, but your sinful
condition causes you to suppress the truth in unrighteousness. (Rom. 1)

> It does sound a lot more twisted, if you add the incomprehensibility
> excuse for claiming that everyone else is false.

Eh, you think I'm making this stuff up?  You are being somewhat dense.
If God could be fully comprehended, he would not be God.  Why does the
creature think he can comprehend that which transcends him?

Neal