Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 1995 17:37:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        rcarter@geli.com (Russell L. Carter)
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: odd ncr behavior

Russell L. Carter writes:

> Is this my drive croaking (my bug), or is it the system?
> The following stuff arrives in dmesg (but not
> /var/log/messages), when /etc/daily reaches
> the line
>
> fsck -n | grep -v '^\*\* Phase'
>
> If I run 'fsck -p' I get what looks to be normal
> output, at least nothing seems out of the ordinary.
> And oddly, it seems to turn up after the system has
> been idle for a few hours, like when /etc/daily is run
> at 0200.  I can load the system heavily for 12 hours
> at a time with nary a complaint.

asc:04 ascq:01 is "Logical unit is in process of coming ready".

I don't know why it isn't ready.

I don't know that it will help you, but it would make sense to
delay a little bit after that error before retrying.

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936