Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 10:33:56 -0700
From:      Chris Wasser <cwasser@v-wave.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CPU Speed?

On Wed 06 Dec 2000, Mike Meyer wrote:
> Doesn't work on my machine - no hw.tsc_freq. In fact, nothing there
> seems to be right.
>
> FWIW, here's a tweaked version of that program that gives you whatever
> information it can get, and warns you about what it can't.

Hmm, I've tested this on a P54C-100MHz, Celeron 300A, P2-400MHz,
K7-650MHz, K7-750MHz and K7-800MHz, all produce the correct results, all
have machdep.tsc_freq .. All the machines range from FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE
to 4.2-STABLE

Perhaps if you specify in your kernel to use CLK_USE_TSC_CALIBRATION

Thanks for the tweaked version :)