Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:55:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        RW <simakin@rw.ru>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dual CPU under FreeBSD - does it really good thing?

RW <simakin@rw.ru> types:
> Hello!
>  Does FreeBSD can succefully use dual Intel processor?

Yes.

>  Can I separate tasks between different CPUs?

I'm not sure what you're asking.  You can't specify which CPU a task
winds up on, or which tasks wind up on different CPUs. You can break
your computing job up into tasks however you want to, but the system
will decide which tasks run on which CPU.

>  Please, point me, where i can read more information about
> multiprocessor support in FreeBSD.

Try searching the freebsd web site for "SMP".

>  I need to decide, what hardware i have to buy.

The motherboard must follow the Intel MP spec, version 1.4. Nothing
else is supported.

	<mike