Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 1996 15:45:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        bjj@sequent.com
Cc:        gjennejohn@frt.dec.com, hackers@freebsd.org, dyson@freefall.freebsd.org, jdl@jdl.com
Subject:    Re: Status of ISDN drivers

On Fri, 12 Jan 1996, Ben Jackson wrote:

> > Even in Indianapolis, we get the full 64k+64k.
>
> My impression was that you got 56k*2 + 16k, where the 16k was for routing
> and control type information, but could be used for your data if your ISP
> was connected to the same phone switch as you.
>
> --Ben

ISDN is----- 2 64K B channels..... AND 1 16K D channel...
The B channels are for you data/voice.
The D channel is for call controll....ie: make/brake/identify etc...

Any comments or opinions in this message are my own and may or may not reflect
the comments or opinions of my present or previous employers.

                    Jerry Kendall      Border Network Technologies Inc.
         System Software Engineer      Tel +1-416-368-7157 ext 303
                 jerry@border.com      Fax +1-416-368-7178