Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:26:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Dan B. " <danielb@pacex.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Nedd routing clues NOW! please

Hi Friends;
    (existing)
----[DSL router]---[HUB]----[Free BSD LAN]

---[FT1 cisco 2501]-|
    (new implementaion)

I am switching from DSL to FT1 service and currently have a /27 (32 IPs)
the DSL router is my default router for the FBSD LAN all with real IPs.
Old setup
--------
DSL router a.a.a.28 255.255.255.224     (LAN side)
DSL router b.b.b.29 255.255.255.224     (WAN side)

I got a class C with the FT1 service and have a 2501 setup with:
new cisco setup
---------------
Ethernet 0 IP address x.x.x.254    255.255.255.0  (LAN side)
Serial 0   IP address y.y.y.102    255.255.255.252 (provider side)

need to keep the DSL service running while implementing the new FT1
service and IPs, BUT with the above setup on both DSL  and FT1/cisco I can
not even get to ping the FBSD lan from cisco and FBSD machines to cisco.

Q.  What do I have to add on my FBSD machines to let them know there is
additional routable IP subnets available and how to reach those subnets?
Q. How to make the cisco part of the existing FBD LAN and get network
connectivity and test it before yanking the DSL out?

Dan
Thanks!!!