Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 11:18:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      grady@xcf.berkeley.edu
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   misc/3368: sysinstall upgrade should confirm before newfs

>Number:         3368
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       sysinstall upgrade should confirm before newfs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE i386
>Environment:

	2.2.1 installation floppy: boot.flp

	When doing an upgrade (or perhaps always), sysinstall should
	ask for confirmation before doing a newfs on any of the
	filesystems.  I know that it says beforehand to be careful
	of doing a newfs, and indeed I knew very well that I didn't
	want to newfs, but somehow (I assume because I accidentally
	hit "t" when setting my /usr mointpoint) I managed to newfs
	my /usr anyway.  Extra confirmations are annoying, but
	since a newfs is not something you're likely to do much,
	I think the check is worth the annoyance.