Date:      Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:04:02 +0100
From:      jerome <jerome@code-monkey.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   disk error / reboot / 6.3

=20
Hi, =20
  =20
We are running 6.3 on a fileserver with a couple of data disks. =20
  =20
Once the server encounters an error on a data disk (os disk is separate)=
 the server will reset itself without warning. =20
  =20
We can usually identify the problem disk with a smartctl, the disk will =
show 'Offline uncorrectable errors'. =20
  =20
The fact that the server reboots itself, is this normal=3F Can we preven=
t this from happening=3F =20
The disks are attached to the on-board sata ports of the mainboard itsel=
f, so no (raid)controllers whatsoever. =20
We also do not use software raid. =20
  =20
Best regards =20
  =20