Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 18:26:32 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Subject:   KDE preliminaries

Last time I tried the KDE port it wouldn't run properly until the
kernel was rebuilt with (I think it was) SYSVMSG added in.

I guess this would still be the case with the latest port and with
future versions of FreeBSD. Can anyone confirm?

It would be an important task to take into account if using KDE as the
basis of an xcontest entry (http://www.freebsd.org/~xcontest/), since
the benefits of KDE to new users could be outweighed by the crashes
and/or the need to rebuild the kernel before seeing those benefits.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-