Date:      Sat, 20 Sep 1997 01:13:45 +0400 (MSD)
From:      =?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Yanestra <Yanestra@t-online.de>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Submission: patch for termcap, the second

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Yanestra wrote:

> it has shown that my last patch for /usr/share/termcap was not quite useful.  It
> appears that someone had introduced a new token to termcap, "@7".  This token is
> documented somewhere in the NCurses docs, which is in my personal opinion
> totally irrelevant.  The old standard says that "@7" should be named "kH", and I
> see no reason why this should be changed, for the sake of many programs which
> rely on it.  This is the patch for termcap as in FreeBSD 2.2.2.  If you see any
> problems, read the termcap(5) manual page first, then throw away the brain
> damaged garbage some people have written on that topic, esp. those from the
> NCurses team.

kH is not acceptable because it means different key: "last line"
which is not equal to "end" key.

termcap database now officially maintained by ncurses people, namely Eric
S. Raymond, and FreeBSD tries to adopt those entries when possible.

Old curses/termcap project not maintained anymore in favor of ncurses
which is default curses for BSD now, it is official position of old
curses/termcap maintainer.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@null.net>