Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2006 10:41:50 +0200
From:      Laurens Timmermans <lauwe@planet.nl>
To:        kstewart@owt.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dualboot Ntloader "invalid slice"

Kent Stewart schreef:

> Well "copy" will sometimes copy as asci instead of binary. You have /a and /b
> to force one type or the other.
>
> Xcopy, I think, always copies binary. I think a drag and drop does will also
> prefer to copy as binary.
>
> Kent

I tried the following:

"bsdlabel -B ad0s3"
according to the manual this should recreate boot1 and boot2 ? I made a
backup of boot1 but the above command does not recreate boot1. It only
does something with /boot/boot. So i restored the backup of boot1,
copied the first 512 bytes of /boot/boot to a usb-stick using dd. I
booted back into windows and used xcopy to copy the boot1-file to my c:.

But still i get "Invalid slice"