Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:11:49 -0800
From:      David Cramblett <david@axisintegrated.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Help Building Mozilla

Hello,

I am trying to add spell checking support to mozilla.  I have download
the spell checker from cvs.  First I tried adding the src and patching
the port directly, of course it wiped that out when I started the port
install again.  So I downloaded the src for 1.2.1 from mozilla and added
the spell checker source and patched that code.  I tried to build it
and just can't seem to find any instructions for building mozilla from
source.  The best I have found is running the configure script and then
running gmake or make (different instructions) -f client.mk build.
However that is not working, getting "Missing operator" errors.  There
are really no instructions for building Mozilla from src on the Mozilla
site, other than there auto installers for Linux, etc..  Seems like if
the process is so convoluted hat they would have some instructions.  Is
there a way to pull down the src, modify it and then build it using the
freebsd ports?

Thanks for your help.

David

--