Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:00:55 -0600
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache ssl startup

--==========CBB4A1F3232A84659014==========

--On Wednesday, March 22, 2006 11:50:24 -0900 Beech Rintoul=20
<beech@mangohealth.org> wrote:

> When I put apache2_enable=3D"YES" in rc.conf it starts in normal mode at
> boot. When I put apache2ssl_enable=3D"YES" in rc.conf it doesn't start at
> all. After boot doing apachectl stop and apachectl startssl starts the
> server in  ssl mode.

I had this same problem with apache2 a while ago.  I also found that, once=20
I started apache with ssl, I couldn't also run it without ssl.  Since it=20
was a production server and I was in no mode to troubleshoot, I reverted to =

apache13 w/ mod_ssl, which works just fine for me.  I never got around to=20
investigating it further, but I've seen this complaint on the list=20
periodically for some time now.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas