Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 1996 15:47:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        dufault@hda.com
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, terry@lambert.org, peter@jhome.DIALix.COM, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:    Re: SCSI IP

> I've thought about it.  The only working target now is the 1542B,
> not A, not C.  Not very wide coverage and I've never had two in
> house at once to talk back and forth.

I thought that the NCR and the AIC7770 drivers and their relatives
supported target mode?

We need a "capability word" with bits for read remainder and target mode
and tagged command queueing, etc. that can be accessed independent of
the underlying interface.

Then we need to roll "ncrcontrol" in with everything else for one tool
to do status reporting, etc.

> The devil is in finding the hardware and time to do this.  Soon
> I'll have a single NCR SCSI system.

Gatorbox had a SCSI ethernet interface, I thought, for older Apple
hardware.

                                        Terry Lambert
                                        terry@lambert.org
---