Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 2000 08:42:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        "Shaffer, Gary R" <GARY.R.SHAFFER@saic.com>
Subject:   RE: <insert witty subject here>

> I met with the BSDi folks in the pavillion the last night and they were
> pretty tight lip'd about any/all announcements wrt java2 and BSD....would'nt
> even accept cash!!!

Really?  That's suprising, since the announcement was made.  However, as
I understand things, the techie's and management haven't had time to get
their stories straight yet, since things have been happening fast and
furious.

What details can I state that would help out?  So far, there is a lot of
'concern' and 'interest' in making a *BSD port happen from Sun, and BSDi
has stepped up to be the 'point of contact' for this to happen
(actually, Sun needed a legal entity to sign the license and such, and
it was easier to 'legally' work with BSDi than a bunch of volunteers, or
so I've been told).

So, the balls is basically in BSDi's court at this point, and I don't
expect to hear anything back until *after* JavaOne, when the folks at
BSDi can get together again.

However, I've got calls in all over the place. :)

Nate