Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:09:00 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Rick Moore <rick@geckobot.com>
Cc:        Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>, Brent Spaulding <bdspaulding@yahoo.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Native Java  on FreeBSD

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 07:19:43PM -0700, Rick Moore wrote:
> Yeah, but someone would need to port it to FreeBSD-- as if there weren't
> enough projects to do...
>
> Rick
> > On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 01:00:03AM -0700, Brent Spaulding wrote:
> > > Is any work being done on a compiler to create
> > > "pure-BSD" native executables from Java code?
> > >
> > >     Thank you,
> > >     Brent Spaulding
> >
> > Isn't this what the gcc frontend gcj <http://sources.redhat.com/java/>; is
> > all about?  Dunno how well it works though, so you are on your own in that
> > respect.

By porting, I assume you mean libgcj, since the gcj front end just compiles
as part of gcc (if you want it to).

Has anyone tried compiling libgcj under FreeBSD?  According to the gcj web
site, they don't believe getting it to compile would be too difficult.

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083