Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:49:31 +1000
From:      Eric Halil <eric@its.uq.edu.au>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: thunderbird-0.8_3

Hi,

I have a weird problem with the thunderbird-0.8_3.  I'm using
4.10RELEASE and thunderbird 0.7.3 without problems.

After 0.8_3 is installed when I try starting thunderbird
I get a prompt for my password and then nothing happens.  If
I hit 'Stop' it coredumps.

It appears thunderbird is trying to make a connection but
it never completes.  I can see the little progress bar in the
bottom left moving along but I never get a response back.  With
0.7.3 it works perfectly and completes within seconds.

I'm using IMAP and it doesn't matter whether I use SSL or
not for the connection.

This behaviour has also been seen in 5.3BETA7.

Eric