Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:13:51 +0200
From:      Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Selectively disabling acpi sub-systems

--Sig_jfj1telbyG1/7G=_.V1FTvP

Nate Lawson <nate@root.org> wrote:

> Fabian Keil wrote:
> > John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org> wrote:
> >=20

> >> That still wouldn't help in his case. :)  Probably fxp0's interrupt ro=
uting is=20
> >> busted in the non-ACPI case and to get ACPI to route PCI interrupts yo=
u need=20
> >> to have ACPI probe the device tree which would cause sio0 to be enumer=
ated=20
> >> via ACPI.
> >=20
> > I only found one ACPI reference in sio and commenting it out
> > did indeed change nothing. I don't have any ideas left
> > for RELENG_6 and will jump to current tomorrow to try my luck
> > there.
>=20
> ACPI doesn't change much for sio devices.  It's basically ISA with the=20
> resource being provided by the _CRS value in the AML (instead of by=20
> /boot/*.hints).

What I meant was: sio0 is still attached on acpi0.
Either John is right or I was looking at the wrong
places.

I'm currently testing if polling changes anything.
I can't tell yet if it increases the uptime,
but at least the permanent sio lock is gone.

Fabian
--=20
http://www.fabiankeil.de/

--Sig_jfj1telbyG1/7G=_.V1FTvP