Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 2002 15:46:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@FreeBSD.org>
To:        sub_0@tvtel.pt, dwmalone@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/40542: FreeBSD 4.6 Fatal Traps

Synopsis: FreeBSD 4.6 Fatal Traps

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: dwmalone
State-Changed-When: Sun Jul 14 15:40:48 PDT 2002
State-Changed-Why:
Since these two panics are quite different (GPF in kernel mode vs.
page fault in kernel mode) and the problem seems to be associated
with compiling things, I'm almost certain your problem is an
overheating CPU, a bad mad memory controler or other sick hardware.
I also haven't heard of anyone else experiencing problems like
this with 4.6.

Can you try some different hardware (better CPU coolers, new ram,
different MB) and let us know if the problem goes away.