Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 1996 15:27:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@widomaker.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CCD Problem Solved.

 I found it... after many hours of playing with ccd and rebuilding my
 system twice and searching the net.. I found the problem(s).

 CCD -

 	the ccd driver _requires_ that you not use the first part of a
	disk slice. ( http://stampede.cs.berkeley.edu/ccd/README-s.html )
	This little nugget of information belongs in the Manpages! I
	changed the ccd.conf file to use the g partitions and I left a 31
	block bit of empty space at the beginning as per the web page and
	viola! ccdconfig works. can somone please update the pages?

 PS -

 	After searching the web pages extensively I found that you need
	the proc filesystem mounted to have ps display the full command.
	Duh! .. what I get for having to install by hand.

 Network Installation -

 	I am still gonna work on this... along with an X interface.. if
	anyone is interested.

 -branson

 Branson Matheson       | Ferguson Enterprises  | If Pete and Repeat were
 System Administrator   | W: (804) 874-7795     | sittin on a fence and Pete
 Unix, Perl, WWW        | branson@widomaker.com | fell off, who is left?