Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2011 22:19:47 +0200
From:      "Christopher J. Ruwe" <cjr@cruwe.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   PR ports/155331

--Sig_/TXlX.iC/HUNN.iakzHS94v7

Some time ago (actually, it has been the beginning of March), I
submitted a proposition to include Emacs Speaks Statistics (ESS)
(http://ess.r-project.org/), which is an interface to the
language/statistics package R into ports. I have also included a
probably erroneous patch (was my first one). I have asked for inclusion
and correction and advice on the errors I am sure I have made.
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dports/155331)

I have not heard of any activity since then. I would be grateful to
hear whether there is any interest in having ESS in ports. Of course I
myself advocate for ESS, however, there might be valid reasons for
choosing not to. Anyway, I would be glad if any decision could be
reached on that subject.

(I do not mean to be harsh, I just have found no other wording to
formulate my request in a kinder fashion. If it sounds harsh, please do
not be offended.)

@miwi: Please take no offence of my public posting. I have been
unsuccessful reaching you off list - which I hope you have not taken as
spamming.

Kind regards,
--=20
Christopher J. Ruwe