Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 12:47:19 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert <robert@namodn.com>
To:        Aaron Parmelee <trout@net66.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: how do i unmount cdrom, floppy, etc

Hmm, sounds like a problem..

FYI, if you wanna force unmount, do
umount -f /dev/whatever

but you definitely should not have to makedev your floppy device at all,
let alone every time you boot :/

Now that you've provided more info, hopefully someone who's experienced
this prob can help you.. I'd recommend verifying your kernel config, etc..

-rob
( www.namodn.com )
( mailto : robert@namodn.com )