Date:      Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:26:03 +0100
From:      Niclas Zeising <niclas.zeising@gmail.com>
To:        pav@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Jonatan B <onatan@gmail.com>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: missing man pages

Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> Niclas Zeising píše v čt 08. 02. 2007 v 16:42 +0100:
>> On 2/8/07, Jonatan B <onatan@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hey all,
>>> I came up with a little utility to scan the man pages
>>> in the base system and report references to missing man
>>> pages. The result is 636 wrong references. Some of these
>>> are valid (like the reference to zsh(1) in sysctl(1)) and some
>>> are not (like the reference to dhcpd(8) from dhclient(8)), and
>>> surely some bugs in my util.
>>>
>>> How do we go about fixing the man pages?
>>>
>>> (Please CC me as I'm not subscribed).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Jonathan
>> I think the best way is to post your findings in a PR, or to clean up
>> the man  pages and send the patch in diff format as a PR.
>
> Best thing is to write all those missing man pages. You volunteer? :)

Uhm... Well, that's true of course. ;)

But some of the man pages are probably not supposed to be in FreeBSD
base at all, dhcpd(8) as an example. It was axed long ago, IIRC, and the
xref from dhclient(8) is maybe just an artifact of that.

It would be good to have the list of missing manpages though, or at
least the script to find them. That way me or someone else can see which
manpages are missing, and maybe hack something together.
Regards!
//Niclas