Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2001 14:17:44 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Mark Ibell <marki@paradise.net.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What about LFS?

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 09:21:58PM +1200, Mark Ibell wrote:
> Anyway, I'm curious as to why this code was removed from the FreeBSD
> sources some time ago as it appears to show more that a little promise?
> Perhaps some reintegration is called for.

If I remember right LFS has been removed because after John
Dysons vm changes (unified buffer cache) the LFS filesystem
would have needed some rework. But for months (years) nobody
actually maintained it .. so developers deceided to remove the
rotten non functional (or non stable) code until somebody takes
over maintenance and makes it suitable for the new vm subsystem.

	Andreas ///

--=20
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/