Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 01:07:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Various install problems.

	First problem; I've just loaded 3.0-release onto my system. I've
got a Viking II SCSI drive and a AsusSC-875 (using the NCR driver.) When
the kernal detects the drive it says 'can't INIT,' bombs and starts to
reboot the system. This system ran 2.6 and 2.7 with the same hardware
with no problems.

	Second problem; (which I think may be part of the first one,) I
donwloaded the boot disks, kern.flp and mfsroot.flp made the disks and
booted. It comes up and says to put in the disk with mfsroot which I do,
but it keeps saying that it can't find /mfsroot I can go past this and it
starts to boot. I've redownloaded the boot images and made them on
another computer. I look at the disk, and mfsroot.gz is there!

	Now, the really wierd part of this whole thing; it ran fine the
first time I booted, though I did not notice if mfsroot was found or not.
I had simply deleted the slices from 2.7, booted off the disk, installed
everything fine, rebooted and had the scsi init problem.

					Thanks in advance
					Rick

---- "Religion exists because man can't belive that he's nothing more
then a random accident."